The Girl Chant
Updated: Sep 27, 2018
Praying for your Daughter(s)
After watching my hubby and son recite the Man Chant together day in and day out, I decided us girls needed a Girl Chant of our very own. I kept it the same as the Man Chant, because girls are called to be brave, strong, to serve, and to love as well as boys are! I just added one little phrase: BEAUTIFUL.
The Girl Chant goes like this:
We are GIRLS.
We are BRAVE.
We are STRONG.
We are BEAUTIFUL.
This chant which is essentially a prayer, was inspired by 1 Corinthians 16:13-14: "Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. Do everything in love."
I added the phrase, "we are BEAUTIFUL" because well, we are! God made us beautiful and the enemy lies, especially to girls, about this ALL THE TIME! I want my girls to chant this their whole lives and to hear their mama chanting it, even when she does not feel beautiful.
Here are a few things God says about our beauty.
• You are altogether beautiful, my darling; there is no flaw in you. (Sol. 4:7)
• She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. (Prov. 31:25)
• You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! (Ps. 139:13-16)
• For we are God’s masterpiece… (Eph. 2:10)
And my all time favorite:
• Those who look to him are radiant, and their faces shall never be ashamed. (Ps. 34:5)
Click here to download the FREE Girl Chant Printable and learn to recite it with your daughter(s).
Click here to download the FREE Man Chant Printable and learn to recite it with your son(s).
You can watch our GIRL CHANT video here.